Thursday, June 24, 2010

20 Weeks and Counting (DOWN)!

20 weeks 3 days

looking right at us
waving hand



Time to check in. I've officially crossed the halfway threshold of pregnancy. I had my 20 week doctor appointment today and all looked great. I got to meet the only male midwife on staff and I loved him! That's not to say I haven't been happy with everyone in the office...well, there was that one midwife... :)

How far along: 20 weeks and 6 days today!

Symptoms: Heartburn is still showing its ugly face, low back ache comes and goes, round belly continues to grow. I've been experiencing pregnancy rhinitis (stuffy/runny nose) for the last few weeks in addition to a growing appetite. Oh and I almost forgot my varicose veins and swollen ankles by the end of the day. No real complaints though, we're on our way to having a healthy baby boy and that alone makes all of this worth it!

Total Weight Gain: 7 pounds total. Midwife is happy with the gain. When else in your life can you gain 6 pounds in 4 weeks and get a high-five from the doctor? (Well unless you happen to be one of the Olsen twins.)

Maternity Clothes: Update: I added maternity underwear to my collection and if that ain't sexy I don't know what is!

Stretch Marks: Just a forgone conclusion at this point.

Sleep: How does one get comfortable with a melon in the belly? I'm still trying to figure this out.

Best Moment This Week: Having a detailed ultrasound, confirming Oliver is indeed a boy and starting work on the nursery!

Movement: I feel movement daily, especially right after eating.

Food Cravings: I'm back to eating pretty much anything. Chicken still isn't my favorite but I can eat it. I'm also back in the kitchen creating recipes which makes hubby very happy!

Belly Button: Still in but getting sore. I wonder how much longer it will be in?

What I miss: The gym!

What I am looking forward to: Traveling to Charleston to visit the in-laws (and check out all the cute baby stores there), getting the nursery finished and meeting Oliver!

Milestones: Over the hump!

How is Daddy?: Glowing. :)

How are the Grandparents?: Anticipating Oliver's arrival and eager to help do whatever needs to be done!

Stranger Encounters: Still occurring. I love when my friends and family want to touch the baby belly. Strangers? Not so much.

1 comment: