Thursday, July 15, 2010

24 Weeks!


Time to check in. I'm really amazed that I'm already at week 24. I have days where I feel like this pregnancy is going to last forever and days where I can't believe it's over half way gone.

How far along: 24 weeks today!

Symptoms: Heartburn sucks period. Low back ache comes and goes but is at its worst when I've been standing for long periods of time. I'm still experiencing pregnancy rhinitis (stuffy/runny nose). I seem to have found a little bit of energy and am now getting much more done after working a full day.

Total Weight Gain: 10 pounds total and some days it feels like 50!

Maternity Clothes: Nothing new to see here, just the same ol' maternity dress for the 300th wear. :)

Stretch Marks: Shall we count them? Nah, that would just get depressing (and take too long).

Sleep: I get my best sleep from 4 am to 8 am. Too bad I have to be up by 6.

Best Moment This Week: In the last four weeks, we've painted the nursery and put up crown moulding (thanks to my parents), purchased (thanks to my in-laws) and put together the crib, purchased the closet system and dresser/changing table, ordered fabric for the crib skirt and roman shade, had the crib mattress delivered and made final art selections for the walls.

Movement: I'm feeling movement all day every day now and I love it. He routinely kicks, squirms and apparently has the hiccups. I also purchased an at home Fetal Doppler. I love listening to his heartbeat!

Food Cravings: Apples with peanut butter and string cheese.

Belly Button: Still an innie.

What I miss: Sleeping a solid 8 hours. I've never had sleep issues, so this is new territory. Totally worth the headache but a full nights rest would be grand!

What I am looking forward to: Finishing the nursery, baby showers, squeezing in every date night with hubby I possibly can, retiring from work and meeting Oliver!

Milestones: Over the hump!

How is Daddy?: Ecstatic! He's reading books about being a father and parenting a son. So fun!

How are the Grandparents?: Eager as ever! They are ready to meet Oliver and have been 100% supportive in everything we need.

Stranger Encounters: I've gotten a few "when are you due" comments lately and when I say November 5 usually they say "oh big baby!"

No comments:

Post a Comment