Friday, July 30, 2010

The Best of Friends


Above is a picture of our first child, Anders. She's a 6 year old, 160 pound, Great Dane who has made our lives much more full than we ever imagined. We often wonder, what did we do for entertainment before her? She's truly a gentle giant with quite the personality. For instance, last night when I told her to get off our bed and onto her dog bed (which happens to be a twin mattress in the floor) she looked at me and waltzed out of the room, climbed on the couch and refused to get up. At 2:30 a.m., I make one of my trips to the restroom and notice she's now laying in the floor next to my side of the bed (nothing like tripping over a body to wake you up). I go into the kitchen for water and find the living room floor scattered with things that weren't there when we went to bed. I took inventory and found; a lid to the spray starch, a blanket, a pillow, a few dog toys, a pen and some dirty laundry. Thankfully, she's not a chewer!

Anders is aware that something is changing in our house and she can often be found laying in the nursery floor. We can't wait for Oliver and Anders to meet and begin to interact. I envision spending my days as a stay-at-home (a blog on that later) taking dog toys from Oliver and kid toys from Anders. It's a good thing Brent and I don't come close to qualifying as a germaphobes.

Here's to Anders and Oliver and the bond they will share!

1 comment: