Tuesday, April 27, 2010

You Ought to be in Pictures...



...you're wonderful to see! Yes, that was cheesy and you can all thank me later for having that song in your head. :)

I love going to the doctor and seeing the little bean squirming around on the screen. Recently (twice) I felt little baby flutters and it was indeed the coolest thing ever. I'm looking forward to the baby really moving around so Brent can feel it too!

Sadly, I've reached the stage in pregnancy where unless the midwife thinks there might be an issue, I won't be receiving another ultrasound until the gender scan during week 20 (unless of course you are like us and make an appointment with an outside imaging company at week 17). Seriously? I treated with a Reproductive Endocrinologist for the first 10 weeks and I was completely spoiled by seeing the bean every week. I suppose the Doppler and hearing the heartbeat will have to do.

Speaking of heartbeat, we experienced the joy of hearing our little one's heartbeat for the first time today. It was a solid 150 beats per minute. Best.sound.ever!

Only 3.5 more weeks until we (hopefully) find out if this bean is a boy or girl! I need to know so I can start calling this baby by his/her name and start working on the nursery. The wait won't be too agonizing as we'll be in Hawaii for 10 days of it.

1 comment:

  1. It is wonderful to hear the little bean the first time. I remember being in tears with Alex. It is a wonderful experience. Oh yeah I am so green about Hawaii! Hope you guys have a good time!

    ReplyDelete