Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Sugar & Spice or Snakes & Snails





In just under two weeks, we have an ultrasound to determine if Baby Bean Holloway is a girl or a boy. I was very smart in my scheduling. The ultrasound is set for the day we return from Hawaii. Oh have I mentioned we are going to Hawaii? We are Aloha bound this Saturday morning and will spend 10 glorious days soaking up sun and relaxation. I figured the vacation would keep my mind off the gender scan and the gender scan would make me want to return from paradise.

I love hearing the old wives' tales about how to determine the baby's gender. Here are a few of the predictions I have received:
  • Chinese Gender Prediction Chart says GIRL;
  • I'm carrying the baby high, which says GIRL;
  • My feet aren't colder than they were before I was pregnant, GIRL;
  • I won't eat the heal of a loaf of bread, GIRL;
  • Dad-to-be hasn't gained any weight, GIRL;
  • Morning sickness early on, GIRL
  • No major chest enlargement, BOY;
  • Sum of my age at conception & month of conception are even, BOY;
  • A needle and thread held over my belly moves in circles, BOY;
  • Craving salty foods, not sweet, BOY;
  • Craving fruit over meat, GIRL;
  • Baby's heart rate was over 140, GIRL.
So 8 out of 12 predictors say its a GIRL. My dreams tell me its a BOY. Guess we'll have to wait and see!

While we wait to see what Baby Bean Holloway truly is, let's have a little fun! Leave me your prediction for boy or girl, along with a name suggestion for your chosen gender in the comment section. I can't wait to hear it!




2 comments:

  1. You seem like you would lean more towards a traditional name. For a girl, I'm going to go with something like 'Amelia' or 'Claire'. For a boy I'm going with 'Andrew', 'Phillip' (one or two "L"s, you decide) or, in an unconventional move, 'Henry'. : ) I can't wait to hear what the two of you choose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy, Boy, Boy says the mom who is COVERED in snakes and snails. Although, you will be great mom either way. :) No telling what fabulous names Murtha will come up with! I cant wait....isnt it time for a baby shower? xo

    ReplyDelete